50 Years of Independent Financial Planning
Equity Planning opened its doors in 1963 and since then, we have provided independent and comprehensive financial planning services to individuals, families, and business owners nationwide.
We serve a diverse client base spanning a multitude of industries, investment knowledge, passions, and priorities from our firm outside of Washington, DC in Bethesda, MD. Our wide range of clients includes medical professionals, contractors, business owners, corporate executives, government employees, and many other backgrounds.
Our firm works with clients in over 40 states nationwide, with a high concentration in the tri-state area of Washington, DC, Maryland and northern Virginia. We work successfully both in person and remotely with clients to plan their financial futures.
To ensure the highest level of service to our clients, we continually seek professional development. Our office credentials include the prestigious CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation, MBA, and professional licenses including FINRA Series 4, 7, 24, 53, 63, 65 securities registrations, and life and health insurance licenses. Additionally, our planners are members of the Financial Planning Association (FPA®), the nation’s largest membership organization for personal financial planning experts, and the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA).
We operate a friendly and professional financial planning practice whose mission is to help individuals, families, and businesses achieve the financial future they envision. We accomplish this mission by building and implementing innovative, tailored, and effective strategies that are considerate of a variety of financial perspectives. Our professionals value the trust that they've built in the community.
Code of Conduct
- Our professionals value the trust that they've built in the community.
- We are energetic, positive, excited, and willing to go the extra mile.
- We treat our fellow associates and our clients the way we would want to be treated.
- We have integrity; we do the right thing even when no one else would know the difference.
- We acknowledge a mistake and solve it immediately.
- Clients are why we are here…they are treated with "Tender Loving Care".
- We take time to educate our clients.
- If it is important to the client, it is important!
- We respect that people are busy; therefore we are on time and prepared to make your time as productive as possible.
- We follow the CFP™ Code of Ethics.