50 Years of Independent Financial Planning
Equity Planning opened its doors in 1963 and since then, we have provided independent and comprehensive financial planning services to individuals, families, and business owners nationwide.
We serve a diverse client base spanning a multitude of industries, investment knowledge, passions, and priorities from our firm outside of Washington, DC in Bethesda, MD. Our wide range of clients includes medical professionals, contractors, business owners, corporate executives, government employees, and many other backgrounds.
Our firm works with clients in over 40 states nationwide, with a high concentration in the tri-state area of Washington, DC, Maryland and northern Virginia. We work successfully both in person and remotely with clients to plan their financial futures.
To ensure the highest level of service to our clients, we continually seek professional development. Our office credentials include the prestigious CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation, MBA, and registrations including FINRA Series 4, 7, 24, 53, 63, 65 securities registrations, and life and health insurance licenses. Additionally, our planners are members of the Financial Planning Association (FPA®), the nation’s largest membership organization for personal financial planning experts, and the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors (NAIFA).
We operate a friendly and professional financial planning practice whose mission is to help individuals, families, and businesses pursue the financial future they envision. We accomplish this mission by listening to our clients to better understand their unique goals and dreams, and then offer tailored, effective, and innovative advice and strategies that take into account a variety of financial perspectives.
Not only do our licenses, registrations, designations and affiliations hold us to the strictest of confidentiality and professional standards, we hold ourselves accountable by our core values.
- We listen
- We strive to build and maintain trusting relationships with our clients
- We place our clients’ needs above our own
- We are energetic, positive, excited, and willing to go the extra mile
- We treat our fellow associates and our clients the way that we would want to be treated
- We have integrity; we do the right thing even when no one else would know the difference
- We acknowledge a mistake and aim to correct it promptly
- Our valued clients are why we are here, and they are treated with “Tender Loving Care”
- We take time to educate our clients
- We continuously seek professional development
- If it is important to the client, it is important to us!
- We respect that people lead busy lives; therefore we are prompt and prepared to make your time with us as productive as possible
- We follow the CFP® Code of Ethics